Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hot My Daughter's Jeans

Negroni or American? - The American Bar

When I was little my parents took me to Venice every Sunday by his paternal grandparents ... The first stop was the drink with their friends over citizens. We would meet at the American Bar in Piazza San Marco (just under the clock).

I'm talking about the years when the barman had Angelo Leone, and where large or had their Negroni and the Americano, and I had little one as well but my version: it was as red as the other but composed of water and cherry syrup! !



Negroni



Ingredients 1 / 3 Gin (I use Tanqueray)
1 / 3 Red Vermouth (I use the Martini Rosso) 1 / 3 Bitter Campari


procedure

Place 4-5 ice cubes in the glass and add the other ingredients. Mix well with a special stick and decorate with half a slice of orange. The cocktail is ready.

American 5 / 10 Red Vermouth (I use the Martini Rosso) 5 / 10 Campari Bitter One or more spray of seltzer or soda Schweppes



procedure

Put some ice cubes in the glass and add the other ingredients. Garnish with half orange slice. The cocktail is ready.

The appetizers were good: with alcohol would require the great snacks to sustain them ...


Generally there were the classic Mozzarella in Carrozza or mythical Pierini!

The mozzarella
think you know them a bit 'all but Pierini not believe unless you are Venetian and of a certain age ...

Take the sliced \u200b\u200bbread fresh, if you cut the crust.


Serve the ham cut thin enough, and it's melting cheese like Gruyere.

You create the normal toast, but the size of 5cm x 10cm and is now discovered the trick, pour in beaten egg (seasoned with salt and pepper) and put them to fry: the result in practice are the toast but normal Fried ... Just the thought makes me relive those taken with great appetizers!! and made me feel great ... these events have gone ahead only as far my 10 years, then the commitments we all have a little separate but occasionally we meet again with the rest.

Right now the American Bar is a bit 'expired, become almost only tourist and bartenders are changed: there is no longer there!






0 comments:

Post a Comment